Hey, you! Happy New Year!!
I know it’s been a while on here . . . How have you been?
Can you believe it’s March already? How? Just how? Gosh!!!
By the way, it was my birthday last month . . . Yay!!! #handsintheairdoingthehappydance
And that’s when my new year officially kicked off . . . lol!
So in the spirit of my birthday (especially as there isn’t any more cake left to share), I thought to share thirty-three lessons I’ve learned on my journey. And I hope you enjoy reading all thirty-three of them as much as I enjoyed writing them.
Here goes . . .
1. To age is a gift. So, while you count your days, make them count.
2. Your mind is your world; it determines the events in your life. Nurture it tirelessly and guard it jealously.
3. You are not better than the next person, you are only different, and your difference is beautiful and perfect!
4. You are not in your final form! There is more within you than you can imagine, so keep stretching.
5. The world is full of opportunities and possibilities – enough for everyone. Once you start to believe it, they will begin to gravitate toward you.
6. In every disappointment is a blessing; most of all is the opportunity to discover and develop ourselves.
7. The universe will show up for you when you show up for yourself.
8. Do not limit yourself to your present realities; expose your mind to your desires.
9. You can be selfless and still be true to yourself, do not lose yourself trying to please others.
10. Vulnerability is a strength. We all need people we can be vulnerable with, at least that one person with whom we can be our silliest, goofiest, most authentic selves.
11. Never wear pain like a badge; learn to grow through what you go through.
12. You need not have life all figured out as long as you have the One who has it all figured out.
13. No memory is worth keeping if it saddens you.
14. Sometimes it’s not overpriced; it is simply out of your budget . . . and that’s okay.
15. The life ahead of you far exceeds your expectations. Where you’ve been or are now is nothing compared to the experiences ahead of you. Therefore, look ahead with joy and gratitude.
16. Learn to give yourself the love that you wish to experience. Don’t wait on people to care for you when you’ve not learned to care for yourself.
17. Take that leap of faith, and leave your comfort zone. Because sometimes, the devil you know is not better than the angel you don’t know.
18. The need for perfection robs you of the fun and excitement in your process, be kind to yourself.
19. Your primary responsibility is to yourself because broken people only break people. Nurture yourself to wholeness from which you can then nurture others.
20. If you can’t beat them, don’t join them. Stay true to your values even if it means that you stand alone.
21. The road to the top is not lonely; you only need to find your tribe.
22. Having an accountability partner will not work if you have not learned to hold yourself accountable. You have to learn how to stay the course for anyone to effectively support you in staying the course.
23. Understand that not everyone will like you because many do not even like themselves. Besides, you also do not like everyone.
24. Sometimes, it’s not what we say that hurts; it’s how we say what we say. By all means, speak your mind freely. However, speak with grace and kindness.
25. Just as you can’t give what you don’t have, you can’t have what you don’t give; you can’t attract kindness if you don’t show kindness to others.
26. We waste time trying to play the hand we wish we had or the hand that the next person has rather than playing the hand we’ve been dealt.
27. Normalise luxury as long as you can afford it.
28. Contentment is no excuse for complacency. Celebrate your wins, and keep growing.
29. You can have what you want once you do not allow people’s experiences or realities to limit you. If you believe differently, it will happen to you differently.
30. Humans are your greatest assets, so treasure the people in your life because God placed them there for your good.
31. You have been blessed to bless others, so pay it forward. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle!
32. The ultimate act of self-love is understanding and accepting God’s love. It’s okay if this takes a while to sink in . . . I’m still learning it myself.
33. You are responsible for your choices and the outcomes of your life. Own Your Upgrade!
And there you have it! My thirty-three life lessons. I hope you find them relevant on your journey.
Which of the thirty-three lessons resonates with you the most?